Notes to self: Mistakes in Tble-extuder design and build
- There was a 2 mm typo making the extrusion miss the entrance of the hot end.
- Very imprecise prints led to a lot of gear sanding.
- Design called for almost impossibly accurate control over hobbed bold width (so hot end width would match and be locked in place).
- Mounting the built drive required screwing self-tapping screws in almost inaccessible places.
- To make the large gear fit, I had to cut away a large part of the drive leg (where there is a hole in CAD, see previous post).
- Many nut locks were missing in CAD model.
- Holes supporting 623 bearings should be wide enough to let M3 nut through.
- Didn't know how to any good ways to mount 5 mm inner diameter hobbed bolt on M3 screw. Landed on solution: Grind down two nyloc nuts and use lots of super glue.